NEW Visa Category – Study Direct Stream (SDS)
- Students can apply visa under SDS for any Designated Learning Institute (DLI), whether it is a college or a university
- Under SDS, IELTS requirement would be 6.0 bands overall with no band less than 6.0
- Tuition fees of complete one year needs to be paid before applying for Visa
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) account needs to be opened to cover living expenses for one year
- Under SDS, the Visa processing will be fast tracked
- Students who are NOT eligible under SDS can still apply under General Category
As we know the Canada govt has changed the study visa rules for the Indian applicants. The new Visa processing program named as Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program has replaced the previous SPP system. Under SDS program Canada for India, there have been many modifications in the study visa process and documentation.
The main reason for adopting this new method is to increase the highly qualified of students as minimum IELTS band score under SDS is higher.
IRCC has officially announced the Student Direct Stream (SDS) in India! Under SDS, Study visa Applications can be submitted online or on paper. Please note the differences between SPP and SDS, namely:
• Payment of tuition must be made for the entire first year of study.
• IELTS must show a minimum overall band of 6.0 with no individual band lower than 6.0.